Thursday, February 14, 2008

Maresmart pkpx ulang tahun ke-8

So today is the 14th of February. To some people, it’s the day when they celebrate the death of this one Christian guy who nobody knows about much but because everyone celebrate it, they felt like they too have to join the train of valentine and be romantic and all that bullshit because they don’t want to be different from anybody else. They say (especially females) that it’s the day to be romantic and all mushy but the truth is that most guys don’t give a shit; as long as their girlfriends gave them free sex to celebrate valentine’s day, they’re all for it. To some marketing people, it’s the day when they could use the festive spirit to help push useless products that normally people won’t buy on any other day; like dumb valentine cards, chocolates wrapped in fancy valentine wrappings etc. but for me, 14th of February is the day when I registered to be a student of Maktab Rendah Sains Mara Taiping. And yes, I don’t give a fuck about valentine’s day.

I can’t believe it has been 8 years! I felt like a grumpy old geezer who believed that all young people should die a horrible death because they’re all so noisy and easily fired up on dumb shit, like news about Britney Spears and ice cream.

I remember the first time I walked into the front gate of the school. I was like “wow this place is so green and beautiful! It’s like I’ve been sent back through time a couple hundred of years when humans still couldn’t figure out how to mess the environment up! This has got to be a good school!”.

I was the skinny nerd village boy from Kelantan who doesn’t know a single thing. I was naïve back then that I believed everything that’s coming out of adult’s mouth. Every single teacher is like a role model. I look up to them. Of course, being human, there is no such thing as a perfect teacher; and I learnt that the hard way.

Fortunately for me, making new friends was not hard. Relationships were made. The imminent clash of ideas, confrontations and conflicts add spice to that relationship and it made it stronger and even better. I really think my social skills were greatly improved during my stay in maresmart. Before, I was very shy and don’t have a lot of things to say. After a few months in that institution, I could even burp loudly in class and be proud of it. Although i-lyn thought that it was disgusting, I was able to perform that feat in public because I was very comfortable with the people I’m with; and ain’t that a beauty.

There is a lot to talk about when it comes to your old high school. That period changed people and there were lots of memories, good and bad were made during that period. I am glad that I’ve spent my time in that school and the experiences that I gained there made me who I am right now; for better or worse. But I really think it made more good than harm.

I can talk lots of things about that school and I don’t think I will ever finish. The memories are very dear to me and it could not happen without all of my mates out there. So for that, I wish my mates a happy 8th anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use a constant nickname when commenting. Comments from anonymous users is not very welcomed. Select "Name/URL" from the drop-down list below (beside the 'comment as' section). Sila gunakan nickname untuk memudahkan rujukan. ニックネームを使ってコメントして下さい。

Blog Widget by LinkWithin