Monday, October 05, 2009

going to toyota

It was a gloomy morning.

I don’t feel like waking up, then I would have to leave this place.

I never liked this weird feeling.

Although it has only been 6 months, I really made great bonds with my (same year) 同期colleagues; and I’m really sad that we have to be separated all over Japan.

It felt like they made us go through such hardships together just to make it such a bummer when we had to part our ways.

I don’t know about the tradition of other companies in other countries, but it is a Japanese company’s tradition to held a ‘determination declaration ceremony’ (決意表明式) at the last day of training, before they send the trainee to their destined department thus ending their training program and officially become a part of the company for real.

There are two main elements during the ‘determination declaration ceremony’: first is officially receiving the ‘department assignation order’ and the second one is the obligatory speech to say our goodbyes and pledge our loyalty to the company by declaring our determination to work hard and stuff.

Thus the determination-declaration!

I don’t remember my own determination-declaration speech, but I’m glad that I was able to fish for some laughs, instead of a gloomy-sad atmosphere.

Then we took our bags, and went out.

To Osaka, Hiroshima, Nagoya, Utsunomiya and Sagamihara.

The folks assigned to Yokohama wave us the last goodbye.

I’m assigned to the Nagoya Branch, so I have to take the Nozomi Bullet Train (the fastest bullet train in Japan) from Shin-Yokohama to Nagoya.

When we arrived to our intended destination, we waste no time by asking the kind human resource guy to took us to the city’s municipal office to do what is needed to be done when you move address in Japan; especially for a foreigner like me.

Each city have it’s own regulations, for instance, Toyota City requires the presence of an 印鑑登録書 (certificate for one’s personal seal) for that seal to be approved of use.

The 印鑑 (INKAN) is the equivalent of a signature, and is very important when dealing with documents that needs personal approval or recognition.

Then finally we were taken to our new apartment, and I’m so glad that it has more space that what I got back in Hashimoto.

It even got warm-seat toilets with washlets and full SECOM security system!

Plus, I really liked the bathroom that could be turned into a quick sauna room to fast-dry my laundries!

Anyways, the thing that boils my mind is that by just walking around the neighborhood, I found 3 whore houses just in 1km range from my apartment.

God damn Toyota City!


2 comments:

  1. work hard, play hard! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. it would be perfect if 'playing it hard' would not cost so much money!

    ReplyDelete

Please use a constant nickname when commenting. Comments from anonymous users is not very welcomed. Select "Name/URL" from the drop-down list below (beside the 'comment as' section). Sila gunakan nickname untuk memudahkan rujukan. ニックネームを使ってコメントして下さい。

Blog Widget by LinkWithin