Friday, August 01, 2008

N*I*F*C*O Final Interview

I got through my first interview, so I was summoned upon to go to their headquarters in Tokyo for the second one. This is going to be the final and deciding interview. So yesterday, I went to Tokyo to have my final interview with the boards of directors.

I left Akita by Shinkansen (the Japanese Bullet Train) at 7:00 a.m. and arrived at Tokyo at 11:00 a.m. During the 4 hours inside the shinkansen, I couldn’t sleep because I was thinking and rehearsing about the things that they might ask during the interview.

The interview starts at 01:15 p.m. so I used the small time left to eat hiyashi soba (冷やしそば - cold buckwheat) for lunch. Then I went to a coffee shop to put my thoughts in paper, and to relax a little bit.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
I was welcomed by the human resource lady and she asked me to follow her to level 12. She said that before the final interview, I had to complete another test: the creativity test. Bring it on.

The creativity test is divided into two parts: the first one involves problem solving, investigative skills and data management. It was quite hard actually, and I don’t think I did well. The last part is, and my favorite, is about turning 2D sketches into 3D, and vice versa. I haven’t done this since my days at the technical collage, but I think I did pretty well for myself. It was quite fun.

Then I was brought to level 8 for the final interview.

They let me take a break first, so I went to the toilet to take a piss. I never knew that a long, warm piss is such a great stress reliever.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

KNOCK KNOCK.

I always knock two times, and two times only.

“OK, you can come in!”

There were 3 interviewers. I introduced myself and then I was asked to sit on the chair situated about 3 meters from where the boards of directors were sitting.

I don’t quite remember it all, but here are some of the questions that were asked:

“Why do you want to be an engineer for our company?”

“Tell us why you put Production and Quality Assurance as your first choice.”

“Do you mind if we sent you to other countries, like the United States or Canada?”

“Why do you think that it is beneficial for us to hire you? Try to sell yourself.”

“Which language do you think you excel more? Japanese or English?”

I tried to answer each and every question with confidence. I have to make an impression that I am a smart person, so I tried my best to use polite and ‘educated’ Japanese. I hope they bought it. One of the interviewers said that he was impressed with my Japanese. I hope the other two agrees. I needed to posses, or at least, appear, impressive to keep the interview smooth.

It was a short 15 minutes interview, but it felt like 5 minutes!

I excused myself from the interview room and packed my bags to get ready to go home. Then the guy who interviewed me last time and brought me to his favourite izakaya where there was a girl who claimed her panty-less status (refer to the July 29th post), showed up and pat my back.

“So, how was the interview?”

I said it went ok. I hope I get the job.

“You did great on the creativity test. Let’s hope that the same thing could be said about your final interview.”

Well said.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
My shinkansen leaves at 06:00 p.m., so I still got plenty of time left. So I went to Ueno to eat Kebab and buy a new Polo shirt, a designer underwear and a guard-rope for my wallet. Ueno is such an awesome place to shop.

On the shinkansen home, I can’t keep my mind off imagining how awesome my crotch area would look with my new designer underwear.

;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use a constant nickname when commenting. Comments from anonymous users is not very welcomed. Select "Name/URL" from the drop-down list below (beside the 'comment as' section). Sila gunakan nickname untuk memudahkan rujukan. ニックネームを使ってコメントして下さい。

Blog Widget by LinkWithin