Saturday, August 08, 2009

Summer Holiday '09 Day 1

Today is the first day of my Summer Holiday, so what better way to start it by going to the beach!

I've been in Japan for almost 6 years and a half now, but weirdly enough, I’ve never been to a Japanese beach, so this might be fun!

The Enoshima Beach was just a 45minutes densha ride from my place, and I met with Bentong and Yu at Fujisawa so that we could go together.

Reached the beach at about 10:30 a.m. and there was already a crowd at the beach.

After successfully influencing Yu to buy a new pair of swimming pants, we head on to the beach with our sunscreen lotions on.

So I got to be honest here, one of the major attractions of going to a Japanese beach during summer is none other than: Japanese girls in bikinis HAH!

But I’m blind as a duck so I have to wear my glasses in order to see the beauties, so I went into the water with my glasses, and only a few minutes later that I realized that this is an extremely stupid thing to do.

Getting deeper into the water to hide my boner, I mean, to experience the wave, I didn’t know that Japanese beaches has such strong waves!

Before I knew it, a strong wave knocks me off balance; I got sea water in my nose and ears.

Then I realized that it was too late: I’ve lost my glasses during the tumble.

It was impossible to recover it.

So I got off the water and went to the spot where we put our stuff, to relax and slap myself on the head for being such a stupid pervert.

As I squished my eyes to make sense of my surrounding, I could slightly see that there were like hundreds of sexy Japanese girls in their cute bikinis running around playing frisbees and beach balls, laying down and doing some other stuff that they usually do when on the beach, and I can only project this image clearly with my imagination, because I can’t see shit without my glasses!

:(

Next time I’m going to the beach, I’m wearing contact lenses!

LOLs, am I a scary person?

After that extremely unproductive and failed attempt at ogling sexy Japanese girls in skimpy clothings for FREE, we went our separate ways, with me returning to Hashimoto.

In the afternoon, I placed an order for a Nikon D90 with the 18-200mm kit lens, after a thorough research and opinion-asking activities.

I really can’t wait for my first Digital SLR camera!

Then somehow, I went to sleep.

I was probably quite tired, and I woke up at about 8:15 p.m. to the sound of my door being knocked.

My Korean co-worker told me that there was a matsuri (festival) being held just 5 minutes from our apartment.

I quickly washed my face and get ready to go out with him.

Does that sound gay?

Damn homophobes hahaha.

It’s Hashimoto City’s 58th Tanabata Matsuri (七夕祭)!


The festival was great with a lot of people showing up, including loud kogyarus (子ギャル) eating chocolate bananas in their skimpy short-shorties.

After a decent amount of watching cute girls in their summer yukatas and ganguro gyarus being drunk while pushing their baby-cars, I decided to buy a pack of tako-yaki, and went home to eat it.


It costs me 500 yen, and this is probably the worst-tasting tako-yaki that I have ever tasted, and I’m really disappointed because I love tako-yakis to death!

I guess that is pretty much what I did today.

Not bad for a first day of holiday.

I cannot wait for my shiny new D90 to arrive at my doorstep tomorrow!

Doki doki doki!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use a constant nickname when commenting. Comments from anonymous users is not very welcomed. Select "Name/URL" from the drop-down list below (beside the 'comment as' section). Sila gunakan nickname untuk memudahkan rujukan. ニックネームを使ってコメントして下さい。

Blog Widget by LinkWithin