Tuesday, August 11, 2009

earthquake this morning

Japan was struck with another significant earthquake this morning.

I woke up at about 5 a.m. this morning with the apartment shaking.

It felt like the end of the world; scary as fuck.

I know I’m going to be fine because my apartment is earthquake-proof.

But it is still as scary as fuck.

Minutes after the shake was over, an announcement from the public speakers is informing us to check for the safety of other family members, and report any injury to the authorities.

So I checked my PS3, XBOX360 and the new D90… all were safe and sound.

My Dell Dimension is the last thing I would check… it gives me headaches lately for being so slow!

Then I went back to sleep; I figure I’ll watch the TV later to be updated on the scale of today’s earthquake.

A couple of hours later, I woke up to the sound of my iphone receiving messages.

I got 6 identical emails with an hour interval between them; it’s from my company’s disaster countermeasures system.

The system would automatically send emails to employees to respond and report their status in the occurrences of any disaster, and it will keep doing it until you answer.

When I click on the link, it would take me to a form that I could fill to report my well being.

I turned on the TV and was a bit in awe; the earthquake was a pretty big one.

6 in Richter scale.

Damn!

2 comments:

  1. 6! That's pretty high! Good thing you're ok. Wow, your company's countermeasure system is so awesome.

    "So I checked my PS3, XBOX360 and the new D90… all were safe and sound." <-- This part is awesome, too hahahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeap, a 2 to 4 Richter scale is pretty common and quite frequent; but when it gets to six... then it becomes scary.

    thankfully the total damages was not so bad...

    everyone in Kanto is expecting the once in a 100 years 8 Richter scale though... the TV says that it's near... wooooh!

    ReplyDelete

Please use a constant nickname when commenting. Comments from anonymous users is not very welcomed. Select "Name/URL" from the drop-down list below (beside the 'comment as' section). Sila gunakan nickname untuk memudahkan rujukan. ニックネームを使ってコメントして下さい。

Blog Widget by LinkWithin